Building Bridges in Government
Improved customer service is at the forefront of the agenda for all levels of government. However, achieving excellence in customer service is a challenge for most government organizations, as they aim to provide services across multiple disciplines. Departments often act as separate business units, using disparate systems; meaning communications are complex and disjointed. The result is poor customer service. Callers are often required to dial several different numbers before reaching the intended department or person.
- Multiple voice systems that don’t talk to one another
- Calls can’t be transferred; no connectivity between sites
- Lack of joined up services creates the perception of poor performance; people are expecting value from public services in return for their tax contributions
- VoIP enables voice calls to be moved to the network
- Calls can be centralized to allow all sites to be connected, regardless of geographic location
- The flexibility of IP enables better interaction between the front and back office to ensure a seamless flow of information, facilitating a swift and successful resolution to an inquiry
Convergence Systems offers any government entities the means to overcome these challenges and provide efficient and effective communications services across diverse systems and to work with government clients to achieve coordinated customer service.
With this elevated form of communications, government entities will be able to enhance staff performance to ensure that a high quality of customer care can be delivered consistently and efficiently across all levels of government.
By customizing solutions suited to individual needs, Convergence enables organizations to take the best approach that meets their unique communication requirements: from an incremental approach to call center implementation to reliable Internet phone services to providing teleworking tools for home and remote workers. Mitel designs innovative communications solutions that enhance responsiveness and the delivery of public services while keeping costs in check.